Blog

Keep up to date with all the latest news in the industry here

Detecting a Carbon Monoxide leak

16 July 2013
By Coleman Levin
Detecting a Carbon Monoxide leak

Carbon monoxide is a deadly gas that is odourless, colourless, tasteless and invisible. Its characteristics make it extremely difficult to detect and have earned it its name as 'the silent killer'.

As well as being difficult to detect, carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms are non-specific and may resemble the flu or other illness, making it more of a struggle to diagnose.

The best way to protect yourself and your loved ones from the dangers of carbon monoxide is through prevention.

If you are experiencing flu like symptoms it is always safer to get checked out to either diagnose, or eliminate the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning. However, symptoms can differ widely.

The most reliable way to ensure that you are safe from carbon monoxide in your home is to have regular servicing to gas heaters.

A free carbon monoxide test is inclusive in all serviced conducted by Colbycool.

Regular servicing also ensures optimal efficiency and lowers the risk of carbon monoxide exposure.

It is important to be aware of the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, which include the following;

- Tiredness
- Shortness of breath
- Weakness
- Dizziness
- Headaches
- Nausea
- Confusion
- Chest pain

If you would like to book a service with Colbycool, Please contact us on 9706 1444

Comments

Post has no comments.

Post a Comment

Captcha Image