Cooling System Melbourne
If you would like to speak to a sales engineer, please call us on 03 9796 1444 during office hours or fill in the form below and a Colbycool sales person will aim to contact you within 24 hours.Book Now
Carbon Monoxide is a dangerous gas that can be released through household appliances, in particular gas heaters. Exposure to carbon monoxide can cause minor short term effects, as well as bigger dangers such as carbon monoxide poisoning which can ultimately result in death.
Carbon monoxide is colourless, tasteless and odourless, making it a silent killer. You won't even know when it strikes. People die every year from carbon monoxide poisoning without even knowing what hit them. Once you breathe in carbon monoxide it begins to replace oxygen in your blood, killing off cells and robbing your vital organs of the oxygen they need.
One of the greatest dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning its non specific symptoms that often resemble the flu or fatigue. This means that the sufferer can go on inhaling this deadly gas without realising it, worsening their symptoms and often causing permanent damage.
Poisoning can result in brain damage, major organ dysfunction, memory problems, behavioural and personality changes and many more issues. An fatal case of carbon monoxide poisoning can result in death; who could forget the tragic story of Vanessa Robinson from Victoria, who lost her two young boys in 2010 due to a carbon monoxide leak from the gas heater in her rental home. [read more]
This deadly gas could be closer than you think, and in order to protect yourself and your loved ones from the risks of carbon monoxide exposure you should have your heater serviced at least every two years to prevent leakages. You should also have your serviceman do a carbon monoxide check on your system.
If you would like to have someone from Colbycool service your heater, please give us a call on (03) 9796 1444